The Pokémon Championships 2022-23 Singapore that features the best Pokémon battle in Singapore for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet will be held! The top players who successfully won the online preliminaries will be awarded to participate in the main online competition!
- Categories for region/participation will be based on the settings in the Battle Stadium.
- Only players whose regional setting is Singapore in the Battle Stadium are qualified to participate in the video game competition for Pokémon Championships 2022-23 Singapore.
- Players who play both Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet on a single Nintendo account may register for each game, but they are only permitted to enter the competition with one game per account.
- When players check-in for the competition, they will be required to provide the regional information they have selected for the online registration in Battle Stadium from the preliminaries, and they must provide documents to verify identity for their game accounts. Failure to provide proof may result in the player being denied participation in the competition.
- Only players whose area of residence is Singapore are eligible.
- Qualified Nintendo Switch Game
- Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
- Open Category: All players will participate in the same league, without age divisions.
- Rules and format for the competition
- This competition will be using regulation Set C.
- Players will play in Double Battles and are restricted to use Pokémon with the following Pokédex numbers: Paldea Pokédex No.001〜398
Players may only use Pokémon that were obtained from Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet; were hatched from the eggs in Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet; or were distributed or received through an official event.
|Preliminaries (Online)||Main Competition (Online)|
|Dates||Sunday, MAY 21 9AM ~ 3PM SGT (UTC+8)||Competition: Saturday, JUN 3|
Monday, MAY 15 9AM 〜 Sunday, MAY 21 8:59AM SGT (UTC+8)
|Competition Structure||Rating system will be used
Number of Matches:
Required number of matches: 5 matches
If players are unable to determine the winner of the match within the number above, the game will be recorded as having no winner.
Match number limits: 10 matches
Ranking results will be announced the day after the competition.
Players will be able to check their ranks through game menu as follows: [Poké Portal]→[Battle Stadium]→[Online Competition]→[Previous results]
Eligible participants for the main online competition:
Only the top 64 players will be allowed to advance to the main online competition.
|Single-elimination system (best-of-one) will be used during the tournament
Top cut will be played only in best-of-three formats.
Best-of-three: The first player who wins two matches will be the winner.
- 1st place: A Champion shirt, trophy, Day Two invitations to 2023 Pokémon World Championships, travel awards.
A special Champoin shirt given exclusively to the winner!!Trophy that honors the winner!!
- 2nd place: Trophy, Day One invitations to 2023 Pokémon World Championships
- TOP 4: Trophy, Day One invitations to 2023 Pokémon World Championships
- We will inform the advancing winners who are eligible to participate in the 2023 Pokémon World Championships by sending an email to the email address registered to their Nintendo account.
- All recipients are required to reply in order to confirm their participation to compete.
- Please check the anti-spam settings or email preferences on your device to ensure you can receive emails from “［firstname.lastname@example.org ］”
- We will arrange all travel itineraries for players who are eligible for the Travel Award. Please note that we will not be able to provide individual assistance. We may directly contact eligible players for further details.
- Only one user from each of the Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet game may participate per Nintendo Switch™ family console.
- Even if when one Nintendo account is linked to multiple consoles that are playing Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet, only one console per game software is allowed to participate.
- Nintendo Switch Online (paid) membership is required for online play.
- Competition results and battle data will be provided to Nintendo and The Pokémon Company.
- Players who commit any of the following actions may be penalized. The player may also be disqualified to participate in all future contents or events that involve internet communication.
- Use of Pokémon that have been tampered or illegally modified by external devices
- Frequent internet disconnection or communication error during the online tournament (This is especially important when disconnection errors occur before the match results are being sent to the server)
- Actions that disturb other participants by being disrespectful or not behaving properly
- Illegal actions that interrupt the match or the rulings in progress
- Fraudulent registration or impersonation
- Other actions that are deemed inappropriate by The Pokémon Company or Nintendo